- Feral pigeon & pest birds can be denied access by netting off the area. Nets come in 3 different sizes for different species of pest birds. Pigeon netting 50mm. Starling netting 28mm and Sparrow netting 19mm. Bird netting can be fitted to any structure subsequently preventing birds from entering. Ideal for light wells, entire elevations, balconies and pitched roofs etc. The nets are secured in place by stainless steel fixings drilled or screwed into the brickwork. Above all the best solution is always to net off the area to deny birds access but on the other hand not necessary the most discrete or aesthetically pleasing option.
- Wires are small posts fixed in place and are joined together with a fine wire attached to a small spring which is almost invisible from the ground. The birds attempt to land on the wire which is springy and unstable forcing the birds to feel insecure and fly off. These are ideal for instance on window ledges and stonework where birds have yet to populate. Likewise good for brand new builds where birds have not had the opportunity to move in. However not ideal for areas where birds are already in residents.
- Spikes are a much stronger way to deter persistent birds. Bird spikes can be fitted to any ledge. Because there is no need for drilling as the spikes are secured in place with an external silicone. There are lots of different types of bird spike for lots of different locations. Some are completely plastic and some have a plastic base and metal spike. They come in different sizes and prevent small birds, pigeons and seagulls. In other words there is a bird spike for every potential problem and every ones budget.
- Bird free gel pots or Bye Bye Bird gel work on 3 levels. Firstly they can reflect UV which too a pigeon can look like flickering flames. Secondly they are very smelly generally of garlic or essential oils which masks the pigeons from their own scent. Thirdly they are sticky to the touch. Some have spice mixed in to irritate the birds legs. They’re equally as effective of deterring pigeons and are a lot more discrete than bird spikes. A completely humane non evasive discrete method of preventing pigeons from nesting and perching on all buildings.
Solar proofing methods
- HawkEye Pest Control prefer to use “SolaTrim”. A very stylish black aluminium sheet which is fixed to the outer edge of the solar panel with an incredibly strong acrylic foam tape. As a result prevents not only birds but also rodents and debris getting under your solar panels. Birds and rodents can cause a lot of damage to the cables and block up gutters with their droppings and nesting material. We offer alternative methods for proofing off solar panels for instance, wire mesh which is by far the cheapest method. Secured in place with specially designed cable ties. Alternative product is the use of Probird solar guard. Secured to the edge of the panels by an external silicone adhesive
Fouling and bird parasites.
- It’s horrible yes we know! Let us clean it away for you! All bulk fouling removed from site and where possible staining removed as well. We can jet wash pavements and fire exits etc. As bird fouling is dangerous and can cause serious ill to your health we treat the area with a biocide first and again at the end of the cleaning process to kill off any harmful bacterial, as a result leaving the area clean and safe once more. Pigeons can also carry bird mites which can happily invest your home or business. For example you may have pigeons nesting under your solar panels or around your air con units at work. These mites will invade your living, work space and in some worse cases start to bite you. HawkEye Pest Control recommended carrying out a residual insecticide treatment to deal with any unwanted insects.
Give us a call 0800 652 5411 or via e mail to schedule a free quote.
With over 20 years of bird work under our belt we can always come up with a solution to your bird problem. Our proposals include detailed specifications. We will work alongside you from the initial telephone call, site survey and project costing’s, through to Health & Safety assessments until completion at no extra cost to you! HawkEye Pest Control have 10 Million liability insurance cover. IPAF qualified technicians and CHAS approved contractors. In Conclusion you are in save hands with HawkEye Pest Control Ltd.