- Bird Netting can come in 3 different sizes for different species of birds. Pigeon netting 50mm, Starling netting 28mm and Sparrow netting 19mm. Netting can be fitted to nearly any structure preventing birds from entering. Ideal for light wells, entire elevations, balconies and pitched roofs etc. The nets are secured in place with stainless steel fixings generally drilled or screwed into the brickwork. Netting off the area to deny birds access is always the best solution.
- Bird Wires are small posts fixed in place and are joined together with a fine wire attached to a small spring which is almost invisible from the ground. The birds try and land on the wire which is springy and unstable forcing the birds to fly off and find another stable perching spot. These are ideal for window ledges and stonework where birds have yet to populate especially good for brand new builds where birds have not had the opportunity to move in. Not ideal for areas where birds are already in residents.
- Bird Spikes are a much stronger way to deter persistent birds from perching on any kind of ledge and need no drilling to be fixed they come with a built in UV protection to the base.
- Gel Pots – Bird free gel pots or Bye Bye Bird gel work on 3 levels. They reflect UV which to a pigeon looks like flames, They are very smelly generally of garlic or essential oils to distract the pigeons and finally they are sticky to the touch. Some have spice mixed in to irritate the birds. They are equally as effective of deterring pigeons and more discrete than bird spikes.
- SolaTrim Is an stylish black aluminium sheet which is fixed to the outer edge of the solar panel preventing birds and rodents from gaining access under your solar panels on the roof. Birds and rodents can cause a lot of damage to the cables and block up gutters with their droppings and nesting material.
- Bird Fouling – its horrible yes we know so let us clean it away for you! All bulk fouling removed from site and where possible staining removed as well. We can jet wash pavements and fire exits treat the area with a biocide to kill off any harmful bacterial leaving it with a fish clean smell.
Give us a call to schedule a free quote. CONTACT US
With over 15 years of bird work under our belt we can always come up with a solution to your bird problem. All of our proposals include detailed specifications with photographs to ensure your complete understanding of what is proposed. We will work alongside you from the initial telephone call, site survey and project costing’s, through to Health & Safety assessments until completion at no extra cost to you! We have £10 Million liability insurance cover, IPAF qualified technicians and are CHAS approved contractors.
Why we need to control Feral Birds
- Bird fouling on stairs and pavements can cause slips and falls.
- Bird nests and droppings will provide a breeding ground for insects.
- Bird fouling can cause damage and stain brickwork due to the high level of acid content within their droppings.
Diseases associated with bird fouling
Is a ‘flu-like’ disease most commonly found in pigeon droppings. The bacteria live in the gut of infected birds and are passed out in the faeces and in eye and nasal secretions, the symptoms of this are more like common pneumonia.
Can be picked up by humans via the inhalation of faecal dust, or by contact with infected feathers, carcasses or birds nests. The disease organism becomes less infectious with time, therefore active roosts will present the greatest risk to humans. If diagnosed early enough the disease can be successfully treated with antibiotics. However, if allowed to develop, it can become serious, leading to hospitalisation and even death in certain cases.
Is present in most pest birds, but feature in a high percentage of feral Pigeons and also Starlings. Birds have been known to contaminate water sources so should be considered a health risk at food premises.